A Regency Invitation

This is the Blog of the Book! Read all about the process by which Regency authors Joanna Maitland, Elizabeth Rolls and Nicola Cornick wrote collaboratively to create the story of the Regency House Party of the Season! A Regency Invitation is published in November 2005 from Harlequin Historicals.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oxford, United Kingdom

I am a historian by training and a writer by profession. My books reflect my enduring fascination with history, folklore and myth. Join me and step into the story!

Friday, October 14, 2005

Welcome from Joanna

Hello everyone and welcome!

I'm slightly apprehensive about doing this since I've never blogged before. Nicola (bless her!) has done all the work in setting up this blog. Elizabeth and I are acting as hangers-on, I suppose, though we did write hundreds of emails each during the writing.

This blog is something of an adventure for all three of us. We had such fun creating our joint book, A Regency Invitation, that we thought other writers and readers might be interested to see how it was done and the hoops and loops we went through to do it at a distance of 12,000 miles.

In some ways, it was a bit of a roller-coaster ride. There were huge highs, especially when we jointly solved some plot puzzle or finished a really difficult scene. There were lows when we couldn't see our way out of the complicated situations we'd written ourselves into. But we always managed to work our way out and crank back up the slope again. You'll see the process for yourself as the blog progresses. To be honest, with the three of us involved, even the problems were fun.

We're looking forward to hearing comments from visitors on the blog. Please do share your views. In the meantime, you're welcome to visit my website at www.joannamaitland.com. I'm about to update it so I hope that, by the time you visit, everything new will be there.

Best wishes

Joanna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home